May 8, 2013

In French, one would call this "du réchauffé", or My Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge Wrap Up

It was about time that I take a little break to dust my Nowhere. Two months off the bloging enjoyement were slowly leading me to a hobby dead end. Yes, life and work have tended to over shadow everything else during April. Also, I must say that I felt really tired when Curt's painting challenge came to an end. Almost a painting burn out, even if I could only achieve to paint a third of what I pledged to do. I managed to paint at least one to two hours every day during Curt's challenge which has been quite an achievement by itself, considering my usualy irregular commitment to the paint desk.

Anyway, to keep some consistancy in my wargaming venture, I really meant to be back on track where I left it two months ago. So, here after, comes a little bundle up of all the figures I managed to sneack into the challenge. Just for the record I finished 30th out of 47 contestents, which was beyond my expectation for a first go at this kind of event. To be very honest when I pledged to paint about 800 pts last December, I knew this was merely showing muscle, and that I be thankfull to reach an half of it. Well, with 387 pts, I almost did.

If you ever like to, click the label of the images to be directed to the original post on Curt's Blog:

28mm Frankish Crusaders (144 points)

Ronin #30 (20 points)

28mm Russian Folk Hero Dobryna Nikitich (12 points)


28mm Russian Folkhero Ilya Mouromets (11 points)

I have recently received new brushes to replace the ones that were brought to me in the Army Painter box set and that have already quite suffer during winter. So far, with these new tools in hand, I have been back to the paint desk for 3 weeks, but nothing new is quite ready yet. I hope to show more pics of the Crusaders in the neer future, as soon as I can get a little more job done on their bases. And hopefully new things should be released in the coming weeks.

Voilà. À bientôt!

16 comments:

  1. Well I'll third that, I didn't want to pick the brush up for quite some time, ,but I'm back on the ball now. Some great painting, I do like the three Russian folk heroes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent looking minis, your painting style is amazing!!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean about struggling to get back into painting after the challenge, but seeing these again is wonderfully inspiring; lovely work Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe "du réchauffé" but sometimes the food is better like that!

    I like this impressive work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made a great showing, and nice work too.
    I must admit, I don't see Curts challenge as a competition to 'win', as that's just about impossible for most of us mere mortals. Some of the guys are quite literally like painting machines, the amount of stuff they can churn out!
    Just be happy to be along for the ride, and do what you can in the allotted time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! I missed your beautifully painted Russian figures!
    Panagiotis.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to see you blogging again, As said above the contest was not a race, but really more to get a project well underway. The Franks you have produced are really first rate and are complete.

    So a job well done, see you soon.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  8. Salut Nico,

    Looking at your work, I'd say your challenge was a resounding success. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent stuff as usual! Nice to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Painter burn out, fatigue, the fierce pace... By reading the comments above one would think the Challenge was akin to the Tour de France! Nicco, you did marvellous work over those three months. I hope to see some of these models in a future trip to Montreal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Je me permets d'écrire en Français...une peinture magnifique, et un ensemble de figurines remarquable, en groupe et dans les détails...superbe travail!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow those Franks are amazing. Don't listen to Scott, you must win. Curt has all of you painting like sweat shop slaves and I truly appreciate it getting to see all of the eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic minis! The Russian folk heros are outstanding!! Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Post something on the internet and it's there for posterity. Where did you go? Or where did your blog-mojo go at least?

    Great stuff on here. If you've moved blog do post something to the effect...

    ReplyDelete
  15. For the longest time, and I’ll take the blame bast replica watches uk review for this, I couldn’t see the Yacht-Master II as nothing more than The Large Rolex. The 44mm wide Yacht-Master II michael kors replica watches was the go-to large Rolex, with a massive gap in size between it and the 40mm Sea-Dwellers, Submariners, and others. Debuted in 2007, the Yacht-Master II was followed just next replica watches uk trusted deaiers year by the absolutely massive Deepsea that had the same width at 44mm but was considerably thicker, so it
    fake Breitling both appeared and wore much, much larger than the YMII, placing it far off the map for fake Omega most.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Use this diet hack to drop 2 lb of fat in just 8 hours

    At least 160,000 men and women are trying a simple and SECRET "liquids hack" to lose 1-2 lbs each night as they sleep.

    It is scientific and works all the time.

    This is how you can do it yourself:

    1) Go get a glass and fill it with water half glass

    2) Now learn this strange hack

    and you'll become 1-2 lbs skinnier in the morning!

    ReplyDelete